Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dry, chapped lips??

Every year around this time, dry, chapped, peeling lips start to become an issue for me. Over the years, I have tried every lip balm & lip treatment out there. And while different things work for different people, here are the things that work for me to cure those wintry lips!

1. Don't lick your lips! When your lips are feeling dry, a quick swipe with your tongue seems like a good idea right? WRONG. Licking your lips just makes it worse because the moisture just evaporates quickly off of your skin.

2. Exfoliate your lips regularly. In the morning I give my lips a few good strokes with my tooth brush after brushing my teeth. At night, I use a scrub formulated for the lips. I like Laura Geller Lip Strip or the scrub step of Mary Kay Satin Lips. For a natural, home remedy mix a little sugar with olive oil.

3. At night after I exfoliate my lips, I use my Holy Grail lip treatment. Lansinoh. Yes ladies I use nipple cream on my lips! Think about it, lips/nipples, same kind of skin right? I put some of this on my lips at night and I awake to smooth, comfortable, and I swear fuller looking lips! You can get this in the baby section at Wal Mart.

4. Throughout the day, I love to use Aquaphor Healing Ointment or my trusted staple since I was 13, Dr Pepper Lip Smackers! If you like a tingle in your lip products Burts Bees lip balm and Carmex are great too!

Hope this helps!

1 comment:

  1. Hey ya~

    I use the toothbrush trick all the time in the winter and sometimes in the summer if they get a little dried out. As far as products go, Laura Geller's lip strip is FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!

    That is all....

    Love Love,

    Le Le

    ReplyDelete